Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Winter Music on general release


After it's release on Bandcamp https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/album/winter-music last February, the album has gone on release on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon etc.

You can still listen for free on my Youtube channel Mark Ellery Griffiths YouTube or my Bandcamp Bandcamp page

I wanted this to be a understated pastoral album. It is "small" in the way that many of us in northern climes make ourselves as small as possible as a retreat from the cold. The first track "Across the Snow" is a memory of a walk I took in the 1970s alone as a boy around a local farm. It had snowed quite heavily. There were footprints in the snow, birds and small mammals. I remember hearing the chack chack of fieldfares flying overhead in the peculiar acoustics of a frozen landscape. There are a number of atmospheric recordings on the album recorded on the same day the cover photo was taken. Other tracks reflect other winter moods and memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Plans & experiment

One thing I wanted to do is to give the kind of back ground and news to support my new You Tube channel & bandcamp sites. I have no ...